Illinois/NW Indiana Graduation
December 2013 Graduate Student Graduation Ceremony Information
Date: Thursday, December 19, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Place: UIC Pavilion
525 South Racine
Chicago, IL 60607
UNDERGRADUATE Graduation Information, click here.
For the Graduates:
- All potential graduates must RSVP for the graduation ceremony, regardless of whether or not you plan to attend. Please send an email to RSVPKeller@keller.edu to complete the RSVP process. Please include the following information in your RSVP email:
- Complete Name
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Degree (MAFM, MBA, MHRM, MISM, MNCM, MPA, or MPM)
- Session last course was completed (July-13, Sept-13 or Nov-13)
- Have you ever served in the Military? Yes or No
- Will you be attending the ceremony? Yes or No
- Graduates must have completed their final course during, or prior to, the November 2013 Session in order to be eligible to participate in the December 2013 graduation ceremony.
- Graduates must arrive at the UIC Pavilion at 6:30 p.m. (not before) on Thursday, December 19th for check-in.
- Graduating students are required to wear a cap, hood and gown in order to participate in the ceremony. There is no specific dress code for under your gown, but business casual is recommended. The deadline to order your cap, hood and gown is approximately November 23, 2013. No orders will be accepted after this date.
- Graduates who have earned a 3.7 or higher grade point average will graduate with "Distinction" and will be given a gold honor cord on graduation day at check-in. Distinction for the graduation ceremony will be determined using the graduate's GPA as of the September 2013 session.
- Diplomas are mailed about 12 weeks after a student's last course has ended. Please contact your local Academic Advisor to inquire about your diploma status.
- You must submit a Graduation Application (PDF) in order to receive your diploma. Please contact your local Academic Advisor to determine where to send the completed Graduation Application.
- Representatives from Jostens will be available the day of the event to assist graduates with arranging gowns and hoods.
- Staff will be available the day of the event to assist graduates with arranging gowns and hoods.
- The ceremony will last about 1 1/2 hours
- Graduates must remain on the arena floor for the entire ceremony. All graduates will leave the floor during the recessional.
- Balloons and air horns are not allowed inside the Pavilion.
Parking and Directions:
Parking on the day of the event is $10 (CASH ONLY) per car. Click on the link below for directions and parking information.
Cap and Gown Orders:
Cap, hood and gown ordering information is available through Jostens. Students can order their cap, hood and gown through the link listed below. Jostens's representatives will also be visiting certain Illinois/NW Indiana Locations. Dates and times of these events will be posted at each Keller Graduate School Center. Jostens Cap and Gowns Order Form. The deadline to order your cap, hood and gown is approximately November 23, 2013. No orders will be accepted after this date.
If you plan to attend the Illinois/NW Indiana Graduation Ceremony, you can order your cap, hood and gown at the Jostens link above. Please choose Oakbrook (or Downers Grove) as your school location.
There are NO tickets required for this commencement ceremony. The UIC Pavilion doors will open at 5:30 p.m. for guest seating. Seating will be on a first-come, first-seat basis.
Please visit Guest Services, located directly inside the main entrance. Special seating is available for
Chappell Graduation Images will be present at the ceremony to take a photo of each graduate receiving their degree. A proof will then be mailed to the graduate's home address for possible purchase.
TGS Video Communications will be present to record the ceremony. Graduates can order copies of the recording. To order a copy, please complete the TGS Video Order Form (PDF). Mail the completed form and payment, cash or check, to the address at the upper-right corner of the order form. The DVD will be mailed about 5 weeks after the graduation ceremony.