June 2013 Commencement Information
Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:00 AM
525 S. Racine (Harrison), Chicago, IL 60607
DeVry University - Chicago Metro
- If you believe you are graduating or wish to participate in the Chicago campus graduation ceremony please print a graduation application.
Please click here for the graduation application.
- Next, contact Career Services 773-697-2071 to schedule an initial advising session with your Career Advisor. Your Career Advisor must sign-off on your graduation application before it is complete. These appointments can be completed over the phone for students outside of Illinois.
- Finally, submit your graduation application to the Chicago Campus Registrar's Office 773-697-2593 in-person or via fax 773-929-6279.
The Chicago Campus is located at: 3300 N. Campbell Ave., Chicago, IL 60618
When - Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM. Graduates should arrive promptly for check-in at 9:30 AM
Where - Graduation will be held at the UIC Pavilion
The UIC Pavilion is located at 525 S. Racine (Harrison), Chicago, IL 60607
Parking is available at UIC for $10 (cash only)
The Registrar can verify your graduation status and the spelling of your name that will appear on your diploma. Please contact Melissa Duong at 773-697-2333.
To ensure your financial obligations are resolved, visit Financial Services (SAC building room 204) to verify your accounts. All potential graduates must have an "Exit Interview" with Financial Services.
Caps & Gowns, Class Rings, Diploma Frames, Announcements, & More
Cap and Gown order deadline: May 25, 2013 (please contact Jostens for late charge ordering information)
Caps and Gowns have been a tradition in higher education as recognition for student success. DeVry works with outside vendors to provide students with quality regalia for the day of commencement.
Jostens can be contacted 2 ways:
- Phone Orders: 1-800-854-7464
- On-line Orders: www.jostens.com/devrystudent
** Order now, waiting will result in an additional rush fee.
Electronics & Computer Technology - Orange
Health Information Technology - Gold
Network Systems Administration - Orange
Web Graphic Design - Brown
Computer Engineering Technology - Orange
Electronic Engineering Technology - Orange
Biomedical Engineering Technology -Orange
Business Administration (including all specializations) - Drab (Beige)
Technical Management - Drab (Beige)
Computer Information Systems - Orange
Game & Simulation Programming - Orange
Multimedia Design & Development - Brown
Network & Communications Management - Orange
HONORS (Honors are based on the Cumulative GPA from the term before the Graduation)
3.50 - 3.69
Magna Cum Laude
3.70 - 3.89
Summa Cum Laude
3.90 - 4.00
3.50 and above
DeVry University has professional photographers come to graduation. At Graduation individual pictures are taken of each student receiving the diploma and after walking off the stage. Students will receive a free passport-size photo 2-3 weeks after graduation.
For More Information on Chappell Studios:
Graduation will last 2 -2 ½ hours.
- Please make sure you bring all of your regalia (cap, gown, and tassel). There will not be extra regalia at graduation unless you purchase it through Jostens.
- Please remind guests to remain seated while taking pictures and videos and to remain seated during the processional and recessional. Aisles must remain clear at all times for safety reasons.
- Verify the spelling of your name on the name card and write out the pronunciation of your name on your card. Name cards will be at the Graduation Site.
- Please have your guests hold your purses, pagers, cell phones, backpacks and coats. There will be no place for graduates to leave these items after check-in.
- Diplomas will be mailed 6-8 weeks after graduation.
- Guests and graduates not behaving in an appropriate way or not following policies and procedures may be asked to leave the graduation ceremony.
- Garage parking is available for graduates and guests at the intersection of Harrison and Racine.
For all other questions or information regarding the ceremony please contact Chicago Career Services at 773-697-2071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.