High School Programs and Workshops
Below is a listing of free programs designed for high school students to explore different career opportunities and see how DeVry University can help them to meet their educational and career goals.
DeVry Advantage Academy | See information below for class of 2016 registration. Note: Enrollment for the class of 2015 is closed
DeVry University in partnership with the Chicago Public Schools presents a dual enrollment high school. DeVry Advantage Academy provides qualified students with the opportunity to graduate with both a high school diploma and an associate degree in Network Systems Administration or Web Graphic Design. This opportunity is open to qualified Chicago Public School students who complete their sophomore year by June of each respective year.
To be eligible to apply to the DeVry Advantage Academy High School, applicants must be:
- Chicago Public School students who will have completed required 9th and 10th grade courses including PE by the summer of their sophomore year 2014
- Students with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Students with a minimum attendance rate of 90%
- Attend a Parent/Student Information Session with a parent or guardian
- Complete the Advantage Academy application
- Meet DeVry University's standard admissions requirements
- Demonstrate completion of course prerequisites
- Submit a current high school transcript
Information Sessions have ended. If you are interested in being put on a waiting list please call Yul Amerson at 773-697-2216 or e-mail email@example.com for information
Please provide the following:
Student's First Name
Student's Last Name
Current High School
High School Graduation Year
Home Address (include City, State and Zip Code)
Home Phone Number
Cell or Alternate Phone Number
CAMPUS VISIT OPPORTUNITIES
High School Educators!
Your senior class is invited to preview the DeVry University Chicago Campus. You may bring up to 50 students per visit. You will be treated to a campus tour, DeVry University overview and a hands-on workshop provided by one of the following colleges. Your choice.
- College of Business and Management
- College of Engineering and Information Sciences
- College of Media Arts and Technology
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts
Tours are scheduled for 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
To schedule a visit call Ruth Cruz at 773-697-2420 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Tours available by appointment.
Book a tour and discover DeVry University. Tours are available by appointment. To make an appointment contact Ruth Cruz 773-697-2420 or email@example.com.
SUMMER PROGRAMS AT DEVRY UNIVERSITY
- Discover Robotics
Sessions begin June 16 and run to August 15, 2014
Get a Jump Start on College While Still Attending High School
These programs allow you to:
- Earn college credit at no cost. Take courses at the collegiate level and earn college credits while still in highs school.
- Experience college life. Complete two career focused college course developed with input from industry experts.
- Enjoy a variety of college options. Choose classes that fit your schedule so that you can still enjoy your high school year.
- Learn from industry leaders. Gain in depth knowledge from professors with real world experience.
You are eligible to participate in the program if you:
- Will be graduating high school within the next two years
- Want to get a head start on your college education
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 or better GPA or pass the placement test at a standard level
Earn College Credit
Available courses are offered in 8 week sessions:
CIS 115 Logic and Design (3 credits)
Monday and Wednesday 8:30AM to 11:30 AM
This course introduces basics of programming logic, as well as algorithm design and development, including constants, variable expressions, arrays, files and control structures for sequential, iterative and decision processing. Students learn to design and document program specifications using tools such as flow charts, structure charts and pseudo code.
COMP 129 PC Hardware and Software (3 credits)
Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 AM to 11:30AM
Explore PC systems from software, hardware and operating systems point of view. This course is currently approved by CPS for dual enrollment as (.5) credit for career elective.
ECET110 Electronic Circuits and Devices1 with Lab (4 credits)
Tuesday and Thursday 12:00PM to 5PM
This course introduces concepts of electrical and electronic circuit analysis and design. The course focuses on electrical circuits composed of passive components (resistors, capacitors and inductors) and a DC source. Practical experience is gained through circuit simulations, construction, testing and troubleshooting using these fundamental circuits.
WGD 201 Visual Design Fundamentals (3 Credits)
Monday and Wednesday 12:00 to 5PM
Examines the foundation of visual design such as line, color, form, function and space and combining elements for enhanced visual design. This course is currently approved by CPS for dual enrollment as (.5) credit for career elective.
Build a Robot
Earn 4 hours of college credit for students who select to enroll and attend DeVry University
Sessions run from June 16 to August 15, 2014
Select from two class options:
Monday or Wednesday 12:00PM to 3PM
Tuesday and Thursday 12:00PM to 3:00 PM
Students will discover robotics technology through hands on practical sessions under the supervisor of a DeVry university professor. Coursework includes the development of electronic mechanical and programming skills. Course culminates with a robotics competition where students will have the opportunity to compete against fellow classmates.
Apply NOW to register for Passport2College and the Robotics Camp.
Step 1. Contact Ruth Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-697-2420 for an application
Step 2. Write an essay explaining why you want to participate and how the program you select will fit into your college plans.
Step 3. Gather and include the following items with your application:
- Letter of recommendation from principal, counselor or teacher.
- Copy of ACT/ACT if available.
- Current high school transcript signed by a school official
Mail, email or bring completed materials to Ruth Cruz:
3300 N. Campbell
Chicago, IL. 60618
Application deadline is June 10, 2014!